Growing up in Georgia, fresh sweet pecans were always readily available. Now that I am an adult and live in Texas, I crave those yummy pecans all the time. Fortunately, my sister owns a pecan orchid so I still get those yummy pecans fresh each year.
I am going to share my favorite pecan brittle recipe.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray baking sheet to prevent sticking!
- Combine pecans, sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a glass 4-cup measuring cup.
- Heat in microwave for 3 1/2 minutes; stir and heat for 3 1/2 more minutes. Stir butter into pecan mixture and heat in microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Stir baking soda and vanilla extract into pecan mixture until foamy; pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow cooling completely before breaking brittle into pieces. Store in an airtight container.