When I realized back in March we would have to shelter in place due to a virus I was completely devastated. I just started a new job that would require me to be in public and attend events. This of course has been put on hold until further notice.
I decided to look on the positive side of this and have lived by these tips for the last couple months.
1) Find something everyday to be thankful for. I look back on the day and think about things that I am grateful for. Most of the time it is something as simple as the safety of my family.
2) Time with the family. My husband and I have actually started having movie nights and after being married for 20 years, I feel have talked more the last two months then ever before.
3) Realizing what is important in life. Prior to this, we spent the last twenty years working toward a future and missing out on the now. We have realized the now is just as important as planning for the future.
4) Keep accurate information, there is so much negative news right now we found a great source for accurate information at https://shelterinplacetips.com/
5) Working from home. I have spent a lot of time cleaning clutter and selling items we don’t use. My house not only looks amazing but I accomplished more than I have in years.
Regardless what you do during this time, remember the most important thing is it won’t last forever. We are going to be back soon. I will always cherish this extra time I have had with my family.
How are you spending this time? Do you have any tips to share on how to keep a positive attitude during this shelter in place? I would love to hear your thoughts.