Six Reasons to Get The Kids A Pet. Have your kids been begging you for a puppy? Most parents hear it at some point or another: they want a pet, another one to play with, and they want it as soon as they can get it! Whether you bring a dog or a cat into the family, you should consider the pros and cons of a pet for your home. Some people choose to go for a bird or a fish over a furry friend, and this is mostly because those furry friends shed hair, eat a lot, and need a lot more attention.
Cats are independent pets like fish, but cats still need to be outside sometimes, and you still have to clean up after they poop. If you’re buying for younger children, a fish could be a good pet to start out with given that it’s a nice way to build up their responsibility. If you’re considering buying a pet this year, let’s check out 6 reasons you should go for it.
- Happy Children. Ah, the first and best reason of all to buy your children a pet: they’ll be so full of joy! Sharing space with an animal for which they are responsible can make a huge difference to the way they are raised. They learn to respect animals and they learn to nurture the animal and their nature. Playing with a pet makes them happy, which makes it an excellent reason to start off with!
- New Responsibilities. We’ve talked about responsibility, but your children will learn to care for and feed their new pets. If you get a fish, then HelpUsFish may be the best place to learn what your new fish can eat. You can then teach your children how to clean out their cages, pick up after them and take care of them. They will learn care and empathy this way!
- Companionship. Children form bonds with pets in the same way that they do with their family and friends. Animals are a huge source of love and comfort to children, and while they spend time trying to navigate their way through this thing called life, their pet can be a favored friend.
- Love – No Matter What. A boost to self-esteem is often the best thing that you can give to your child – and a pet can do that. Animals are loving and attentive, and animals like dogs and cats offer their love no matter what. That source of love is a comfort and it’s something they can trust.
- Better Health. Depending on the pet that you buy, a more active lifestyle with more movement could be the result of your purchase. Dogs, for example, need to be walked more than once a day and that can be a part of your children being outdoors more. Even cats like to be outside, and they love to play, which pulls your children away from screens!
- Social Benefits. Children will have a topic to discuss when making friends, and it makes a big difference to their future and the people with whom they share that future.