Beef Tips with Rice and More Instant Pot Recipes. I am just now getting around to opening and using my Christmas gift, the Instant Pot & Pressure Cooker, I thought what a great time to compose some great recipes to use in the future!
I have only used my Instant Pot one time to make beef tips and rice and it turned out amazing. I loved how tender the meat turned out and it was so quick and easy.
To begin with, I want to share that there are so many amazing recipes for quick meals using your instant pot. There is a large variety of recipes for beginners like me.
Here is how I made my beef tips and rice, this was so easy and delicious, good luck using yours and have fun with it!
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked Rice (We love Uncle Ben’s)
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat, in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Heat 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Brown meat in batches, adding oil as needed. Transfer meat to a bowl. Add wine to the cooker, stirring to loosen browned bits. Return beef to cooker; add mushrooms, onion, broth, and Worcestershire sauce. Lock the lid; make sure the vent is closed. Select the manual setting; adjust the pressure to high, and set the time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat; bring the liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into beef mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 4 servings.