Don’t Be A Snowflake: Protecting Your Skin This Winter. Your skin is the largest organ on your body, and it’s the one that is most seen by everyone in the street around you. Your face is exposed to the harshest weather (sun, rain, and snow) all year round, so it stands to reason that you would want to look after it. Your face needs as much TLC as anywhere on your body, and if you are heading out into the rain and wind, you should do all that you can to make your face feel protected from it.
Skin is delicate, and if you’re not looking after it, you’re going to find that it’s not in the best condition. When you are young, it’s easy to neglect your skin. However, your face is going to show your age more than anything else. Let’s not get to middle age too quickly! With our help, you can protect your skin in these colder months ready to soak up that vitamin D on the sunnier days ahead.
- Firstly, you need to drink more. You may be loving your morning coffee, and there’s nothing wrong with a little energy. However, if you want to drink something good for your skin then what you need is water, water, and more water. Water flushes out the germs and grime from your skin, and it makes your skin look healthy, elastic, and ready to take on anything.
- Paying attention to your skin type is the next best tip. You need to calm it down when you have oily skin and not use too much product. It’s not always easy as the temptation is there to strip it back, but doing this is too aggressive. You should instead use the best possible products to get rid of blemishes and discoloration, such as . It’s going to help all skin types, and it’s gentle enough to ensure that it helps those with acne-prone skin to look great. It can calm the storm on the surface of your skin.
- If you’re able, book a professional facial once a month. It keeps your skin smooth and glowing, and if you can’t afford it every month, every season is a must. You’ll be able to relieve your skin of impurities and give your skin a boost, too.
- During the winter months, use a good scrub on your skin for the dirt that settles during your day-to-day life. You can choose something gentle to keep your skin protected and not too raw against the elements, too.
- Always moisturize every single day. You should ensure that your moisturizer has a good SPF in it, too, as the winter sun is just as damaging as the summer sun. A moisturizer protects your skin, creating a barrier from the weather and giving you a chance to have skin that looks simply beautiful.
- It’s tempting to hibernate during the season, but not always possible. What is possible, though, is . This way, you can ensure that you are resting enough to give your skin time to heal overnight.
Look after your skin, and you’ll be able to enjoy smooth, healthy skin all year around.